Pinar del Rio, Cuba
Byrd is the Word - September 2016 - present
- Conduct interviews with industry experts for "Expert of the Week."
- Conduct interviews with small businesses for "Small Business Showcase."
- Research current events for articles.
Macy's – Deptford, NJ, November 2014 – present
Receiving Associate - November
- Originally hired as a seasonal employee, I was retained after the holiday season.
- Packaged and completed 25 - 30 orders an hour. Department average being 18 – 22.5 per hour.
- Increased overall productivity by 25%.
International Association of Business Communicators - August 2016 - April 2017
Web Content Writer
- Create and develop content.
- Report on industry related events.
Philly Ad Club 2.0 – Philadelphia, PA September, 2014 - April 2017
Founding Board Member
- Team made cover of Philly Ad News April 2nd, 2015.
- Responsible for contacting and coordinating with venues for planning and hosting events.
- #AdClub2pt0 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/adclub2pt0?src=hash
- February 26th, 2015 launch event - Happy Hour Quizzo at The Field House.
- Communications Team sent an email blast out to over 2,000 club members.
- Promoted Happy Hour Quizzo through Facebook and Twitter.
- Developed #AdClub2pt0 and awarded prizes using live Facebook/Instagram posts/tweets/pins.
- Event goal was 20 people. Event totaled 60 attendees.
- Exceeded launch event goal by 300%
- Pre-Memorial Day Bash - May 20th, 2015 - Morgan's Pier.
- Networking event goal was 30 people. Event totaled over 80 attendees.
- Exceeded event goal by 267%.
Brownstein Group – Philadelphia PA, October 2015 – December 2015
Brand Strategy Intern
- Discovered and determined the cause of a client’s erroneous Google Analytics reporting.
- Developed strategic plan for new digital service offering.
- Primary research analyzed and reported on the effectiveness of IKEA’s social media campaigns.
- Secondary research analyzed developed report assessing the effectiveness of loyalty programs among retailers
- Primary research composed a “Best of Center City” list as part of a welcoming gift EisenerAmper opening an office in Philadelphia.
- Developed a case study on the hypothetical scenario of Wawa’s impact on the Belleveu Food Court.
Arcadia University – Glenside, PA – 2013-2014
Graduate Research Assistant for the School of Global Business
- Only student to co-author academic research paper Assessing Systemic Thinking in Undergraduates: An Exploratory Study Using a Total Enterprise Business Simulation.
- Nominated for “Best Paper” from the Association for Business Simulation & Experiential Learning (ABSEL).
- Study focused on examining student learning via business simulations.
- Developed criteria to assess effectiveness of student application; measured sample performance over time.
- Evaluated 45 case studies and assessing the effectiveness of the lessons.
- Research competing universities' entrepreneurship programs.
ARCADIA UNIVERSITY – Glenside, PA
MBA, 2014 / 3.57 GPA. Earned honors GPA within an Accelerated MBA Program.
Only student co-author of two academic research papers.
- What Effect does Anti-Corruption Legislation Have on Worldwide Corruption. Global Business & Economics Anthology, Volume I, March 2015.
- Assessing Systemic Thinking in Undergraduates: An Exploratory Study Using a Total Enterprise Business Simulation. Development in Business Simulation and Experiential Learning, Volume 41, 2014.
RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY – Camden, NJ
BS in Marketing & Management: Strategy, Entrepreneurship & International Business, 2012 / 3.62 GPA
- Mu Tappa Kau National Marketing Honor Society – for ranking in the top 20% of marketing students.
- President, Marketing Association, 1/2011-12/2011 (3 years as member) –Wrote first-ever President’s handbook. It is now the model by which all others are developed.
- Technical – learning Google Analytics, SEO, HTML and SquareSpace
- Soft - learning Spanish through DuoLingo.com