Pinar del Rio, Cuba
ARCADIA UNIVERSITY - Glenside, PA
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with a Global Perspective, 3.57 GPA
Only student co-author of two academic research papers.
Assessing Systemic Thinking in Undergraduates: An Exploratory Study Using a Total Enterprise Business Simulation. Development in Business Simulation and Experiential Learning, Volume 41, 2014.
Studied abroad in Hungary and Ireland.
RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY – Camden, NJ
BS in Marketing & Management: Strategy, Entrepreneurship & International Business, 3.62 GPA
Mu Tappa Kau National Marketing Honor Society – for ranking in the top 20% of marketing students.
President, Marketing Association - wrote first-ever President’s handbook. It is now the model by which all others are developed.
Ross Stores, Inc., June 26th – present
Area Supervisor of Operations
· I began as an Associate, I was promoted to Area Supervisor of Operations within two weeks.
· Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
· Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
· Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control.
· Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
· Responsible for daily trash removal.
· Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed
· Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
· Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
· Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
· Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
· Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in assigned area.
· Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as needed.
· Trained in Loss Prevention
· Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and extra touches when working.
· Ensures Associates are executing to Company standards at the Front End.
· Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and productivity standards.
· Maintains pace, energy and presence at the Front End, managing the line to expedite Customers wait time
· Controls Retail Associates break schedule for backups, lunches and breaks.
Venerate Digital Marketing, December 2018 – June 2019
Social Media Coordinator (Contract, work from home)
· Research Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to identify target audiences.
· Perform data analysis for six clients to identify “weekly wins.”
· Collaborate with team to develop long term content strategy for clients.
· Respond to consumers on Facebook on behalf of clients.
· Developed internal FAQ for major client.
MailPound, March 2018 – July 2018
Social Media Coordinator, Hootsuite Platform Certification 2018, July 7th, 2018
Relaunched social media presence. Engaged audiences and grew total Facebook followers by 150 likes within three months.
Created and launched “Summer of Social” series.
This is an eight-week long interview series with agents who have been awarded Travel Agent Central’s 30 under 30.
Each agent provides their advice on social media and how to reach Millennials.
Accomplishment: created content that reached 1,800 views in 24 hours. Content was shared 27 times and had 64 reactions.
Connected popular hashtags to associate with company brand.
Whenever possible, clients were mentioned/tagged on social media with relevant content.
Interviewed travel agents on best practices for social media.
Provided customer support to agents seeking to learn more about social media.
Conducted interviews with travel industry professionals known as "Executive Exchange."
Coordinated and scheduled informational webinars with client suppliers and travel agents. This includes personalized mass mailings.
Answered phones and provide tech support for MailPound resources.
Byrd is the Word, September 2016 – March 2018
Freelance Writer http://www.stevenbyrd.info/byrd-is-the-word/
Conduct interviews with industry experts for "Expert of the Week."
Conduct interviews with small businesses for "Small Business Showcase."
Philly Ad Club 2.0 – Philadelphia, PA September, 2014 – April 2017
Founding Member, Leadership Team
Team made cover of Philly Ad News April 2nd, 2015.
Responsible for planning and coordinating with venues for planning and hosting events.
Assist with social media promotions.
Brownstein Group – Philadelphia, PA October 2015 – December 2015
Brand Strategy Intern
Discovered and determined the cause of a client’s erroneous Google Analytics reporting.
Developed strategic plan for new digital service offering.
Primary research analyzed and reported on the effectiveness of IKEA’s social media campaigns.
Secondary research analyzed developed report assessing the effectiveness of loyalty programs among retailers
Primary research composed a “Best of Center City” list as part of a welcoming gift EisenerAmper opening an office in Philadelphia.
Developed a case study on the hypothetical scenario of Wawa’s impact on the Belleveu Food Court.
Macy's – Deptford, NJ, November 2014 – present
Receiving Associate - November
Originally hired as a seasonal employee, I was retained after the holiday season.
Packaged and completed 25 - 30 online orders an hour. Department average being 18 – 22.5 per hour.
Increased overall productivity by 25%.
Trained four additional seasonal temps.
Accomplishment - packaged 97 items in two hours during the holiday season.
Tagged an average of 120 security sensors on merchandise per hour.
Retrieved items for in store pick-up within 30 minutes.
Assist with replenishing inventory.
Assist with customer carry-out.
Arcadia University – Glenside, PA – 2013-2014
Graduate Research Assistant for the School of Global Business
Only student to co-author academic research paper Assessing Systemic Thinking in Undergraduates: An Exploratory Study Using a Total Enterprise Business Simulation.
Nominated for “Best Paper” from the Association for Business Simulation & Experiential Learning (ABSEL).
Study focused on examining student learning via business simulations.
Developed criteria to assess effectiveness of student application; measured sample performance over time.
Evaluated 45 case studies and assessing the effectiveness of the lessons.
Research competing universities' entrepreneurship programs.